Source Analysis Activity
Goal: Evaluate sources to discover historical truth.Answer the following questions for each source below:
Directions: For each resource given, evaluate the materials’ reliability and accuracy by answering the following questions:
1. AUTHOR: Who created this resource? Is his or her point of view reliable?
2. PLACE AND TIME: When was this resource produced? How might that affect its meaning?
3. PRIOR KNOWLEDGE: What historical information would help you understand this resource?
4. AUDIENCE: Who was the original audience for this resource? Who is its audience today?
5. REASON: Why was this resource produced?
6. THE MAIN IDEA: What point is the resource trying to make?
7. SIGNIFICANCE: How does this resource relate to the research topic?